Saturday, August 1, 2009

Manche Menschen andern sich nie.

Today we embark on a journey. A journey that, without a doubt, will be our road to glory. I think I speak for all of us (both) when I say that this day will be remembered for generations to come and held in esteem alongside some of the most notable historical moments. For instance, the DVD release of Gremlins 2 (with special commentary from director Joe Dante), that time there was a Mork and Mindy marathon on for well over 24 hours and I watched every episode even though I don't really like it, and of course the crumbling of the Berlin Wall. Like these events I too have been ignored, underappreciated, and most days forgotten. But alas, now my name will no longer exist as a tree that is falling in a secluded forest, existing in spite of dismissal from society. A society that has rejected my every thought from the time of my birth and thus alienated me in the cold lonely abyss that is wisdom. Until now!

Allow me to introduce the other half of my aforementioned "we" and my herald to the world as we set out together to be the purveyors of that which might go unnoticed otherwise. With my cunning genius and her dashing charisma surely no one can ignore our revolutionary musings on all things important and trivial. Allow us to massage your mind with witty observations and social commentary and then blow it (your mind, perv) with astute findings on the existential and cosmological. Come with us on the journey of self actualization and the actualization of all things not self. And now without further ado, I present the one who will make them all take me seriously, my other... Avis.

No comments: