Friday, December 18, 2009

Critical Mass

I'm never sure what kind of experience the rest of you are having. To that end, it is wonderful to have a friend like Mab, with whom I can discuss my experience, and she hers, over a delicious meal. We recently partook of a gourmet dining experience during which we had a discussion about the things we would like to see one another accomplish. I think it may be something we as humans take for granted--that others see the potential in us that we may have once (or frequently) pondered but ultimately declined to explore for one reason or another. It's that passing thought we have that never quite comes to fruition; someday I'd like to such and such.

During that feast, Mab and I collectively decided that such and such should happen, and that someday could be today. I present to you, dear Beginner, our Accountability Partner series. Mab's first mission, at my request, is to write a series of food critiques and to submit those to various publications. And, of course, to share her progress here. You may not know this about my darling Mab, but she has a finely tuned palate, and oh, Sweet Baby (Ray's) Jesus, she is a revelation in the kitchen. Bon Appétit!

No comments: